Total visibility of intermodal containers and tractor-trailers allows shippers, logisticians and transportation service providers to determine the location, status, and identity of assets being transported - in real time. By remotely “tracking” the progress of moving assets, organizations can react quickly to evolving conditions that signal undesirable behaviors or events. Unauthorized movements or emergency situations can be recognized quickly and actions can be taken to rectify them.
Asset Visibility can also provide status and progress reports on movement of goods to keep all players in the value chain better informed of delivery schedules. In-transit information can enable supply chain optimization to its full potential. Routing of shipments can be altered in real time to meet unexpected demands.
- Improve customer satisfaction by providing shipping status information and by increasing on-time delivery and shipment accuracy
- Better support customer requirements for lean manufacturing and just-in-time logistics by quickly meeting unexpected demand and reacting to supply chain disruptions
- Maintain customer trust by demonstrating continuous control of goods and verifying service level compliance
- Reduce operating costs through more efficient use of labor and equipment and reduction of product re-orders and order cancellations
- Improve ability to react quickly to trouble situations and provide accurate positioning of incidents to improve emergency services response
Shippers, logistics services providers, transportation services companies and practically any other industry that owns mobile assets can utilize industry-leading solutions from SkyBitz for Asset Visibility to achieve continuous tracking of shipping containers, rail cars, truck trailers, and barges while in transit - anywhere around the globe.
The ability to know where shipped assets are at any given time translates into greatly enhanced services to customers, increased customer satisfaction and loyalty, and an array of efficiency improvements in internal operations. In turn, these benefits can add revenues to the top line, reduce expenses related to internal operations, and put profits on the bottom line.
SkyBitz combines the unmatched capabilities of its unique Global Locating System (GLS) with other forms of location based services to deliver the industry’s most powerful and complete set of Asset Visibility services to its logistics and transportation customers.
Want to learn more? Call us at 1-877-2SkyBitz (1-877-275-9248) or click here to set up a demonstration with a sales representative today.