Remote Monitoring & Control enables asset owners to employ a suite of intelligent sensors to monitor the condition of mobile or fixed assets that are located remotely. Knowing the condition of assets in real time can enable diagnosis of problems, help prevent breakdowns, reduce unnecessary maintenance, enable operational improvements, extend equipment life, and reduce costs related to unneeded trips to asset locations for diagnostic, repair or replenishment services.
In some cases, adjustments to asset operating conditions to address problems can be conducted remotely. Propane or heating oil distributors might remotely monitor tank levels to optimize timing of refills. Construction and heavy equipment owners might remotely check the engine hour reporting or monitor when and if an asset is being used for accurate consignment billing.
- Improve food safety and compliance with environmental regulations
- Improve overall customer satisfaction by shortening problem determination and response times, improving billing accuracy regarding use of products and services, and improving overall customer information availability
- Reduce equipment costs by complying with operating guidelines, improving maintenance planning, and anticipating and addressing adverse events
- Save on operating expenses by decreasing maintenance costs, cutting unneeded trips to service equipment or replenish supplies, and remotely monitoring sensors and meters
- Limit liabilities by reducing cargo damage and loss, minimizing production outages, and preempting operational failures and accidents
- Increase protection of business interests by maintaining regulatory compliance and protecting safety of employees
Using industry-leading services from SkyBitz for Remote Monitoring and Control, owners of a wide array of remotely located equipment can continuously monitor the status or operations of those mobile or fixed assets, react on a timely basis to changes in conditions and often alter conditions remotely and in real time. Remote monitoring of un-powered assets can translate into more timely and more accurate provision of services – increasing competitiveness and winning new business. It can also reduce operating costs by eliminating site trips to assess meters and equipment or to empty or replenish containment vessels.
SkyBitz combines the unmatched capabilities of its unique satellite-based Global Locating System (GLS) with an array of sensors and controls to deliver the industry’s most powerful and complete Asset Monitoring & Control capabilities.
Want to learn more? Call us at 1-877-2SkyBitz (1-877-275-9248) or click here to set up a demonstration with a sales representative today.