Security is simply the overall protection of equipment or assets that represent high value goods or potential liabilities (hazmat or ammunition). In order to protect an asset (container, trailer, railcar, generator, etc.), it is necessary to know where it is and when its status is altered from the desired state.
Unauthorized movement or location of an asset might indicate theft or unauthorized access to the asset. Breach of a containment vessel might indicate theft of cargo, an accidental release of hazardous substances, or malicious activity related to terrorism or similar threats which jeopardize business, civilian and national well-being. Simply knowing that assets are protected and in their expected state can increase peace of mind, increase value delivered to customers and can even reduce insurance premiums.
- Provide improved services for monitoring of hazardous cargo and responding to adverse events
- Provide enhanced security protection for high-value cargo
- Improve detection of terrorism and other malicious threats
- Reduce instances of fraud and provide evidence in case of disputes
- Improve compliance with regulations governing the tracking and security of hazardous materials, explosives, etc.
- Reduce losses by better preventing shrinkage of assets and cargo
- Improve stolen asset recovery and reduce insurance premiums
- Reduce capital expenses for new assets by reducing equipment damage, quickly detecting device tampering and eliminating unauthorized usage
- Added protection for drivers and operators
Using industry-leading services from SkyBitz, owners of a vast array of remote assets can locate, track, monitor, assess and communicate with those assets anywhere in the world - in real time. Continuous knowledge of the location and status of assets enables immediate notification of threats against them and the taking of action to limit damage or loss - often resulting in recovery, minimized losses and reduced insurance premiums. Monitoring of remote sensors and other devices can assist in the defense of life and limb - a benefit that has limitless value.
The unique capabilities of the SkyBitz Global Locating System (GLS) for monitoring un-powered assets delivers unmatched results in increasing the security and protection of critical remote assets across the globe.
Want to learn more? Call us at 1-877-2SkyBitz (1-877-275-9248) or click here to set up a demonstration with a sales representative today.